Pages

June 24, 2020

Scrapbook & Cards Today Magazine Summer Issue Challenge

Let me start by saying that I am very excited to announce that the Summer issue of Scrapbook & Cards Today is now available and you can download it for free HERE! You will find two of my projects in this issue, one on page 38 and the other on page 47. In addition it is packed with tons of great inspiration for your Summer scrapping!

Secondly, I am hosting a card sketch challenge over on the SCT Magazine blog. You can participate until July 2nd and be entered to win the SCT June Sampler kit!
Below are the cards I created for the challenge:
Flipping through my Spring SCT Magazine I found two sketches that really inspired me to create cards with the gorgeous Pebbles, Inc. Hey Hello collection.
Supplies: Cardstock: Bazzill, Doodlebug Design; patterned paper, boxed cards, pre-made die-cuts, washi tape: Pebbles, Inc; mini jewel dots: Doodlebug Design; metal dies: Doodlebug Design; tools: Sizzix Big Shot, Liberty sewing machine; foam dots: Scrapbook Adhesives; adhesive: Scrapbook Adhesives; ribbon: Michael's

The design of my first card is based this sketch from page 31:
What caught my eye was the center tag and the light circle for which I first thought of doing hand stitches but ended up using a die-cut. When working with a sketch, think of your different options to create a similar shape.

This second sketch is from page 32 of the Spring issue:
And here is my interpretation:
I absolutely love the florals and the bold colors in the Hey Hello collection, plus it has sheets full of tags and small cards with a variety of sentiments to cut apart which makes it perfect for card making.
I hope you feel inspired to use these sketches like I did and to participate in this challenge! Remember to submit your entries at: ideas@scrapbookandcards.com by July 2nd.
Happy crafting! 

1 comment:

  1. Always lovely to see your work in the magazine - I can recognise it now! :)

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!