This page, which will be the last one in my family album, is a look back at this year inspired by two 2020 cards from the kit. I love how cards with journaling prompts can help you tell your story so I sat down with them and took a moment to reflect.
Next, I considered the black bold 2020 in those cards, the colors in my photos and decided to create a monochromatic page. I got the idea of switching some of the Good Cheer Printables to black and white. It was very easy using only Microsoft Word (note that you will not get the same effect if you just print your color tags to black and white).First import the cards you have chosen into a Word document. Then, click on each one, go to the "Picture Format" tab on top, open the drop down menu of the "Color" icon and select the black and white one. That's it! And I love the result!
And what goes well with black? Stamping, of course! I combined the two new stamp sets, Happiness & Cheer Stamp and My Star Stamp, on my title tag, even stamping on selected chipboard letters from the Joyful Chipboard Sticker pack.
I don't consider myself a hybrid scrapbooker but playing with the Printables like this was fun and I love my layout so I'll probably do it again! I hope you will try this technique too.
Happy Holidays! Remember to always look on the bright side of life :)





The yellow and black works really well together.
ReplyDelete