With Mother's Day at the end of the week I hope to inspire you to take some time to whip up a couple of beautiful and meaningful handmade cards for the mothers, grandmothers, sisters in your life. The design of both cards was inspired by sketches I found in the latest issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today magazine (Spring 2021) and the supplies are from Elle's Studio.
Supplies: Elle's Studio April 2021 Kit, Smile Cardstock Die Cuts, Springtime Stickers, Puffy Adventure Label Stickers, Teal Parker Acetate Alphabet Stickers, Acetate Heart Stickers, Celebrate Paper Stack, Make A Wish Metal DieLet's start with the fun fact that I only used one 4x6 card from the April kit to create both cards' background. The long card measures 3"x5.75" and the square one is 4.25"x4.25".
The first one features an assortment of die cuts and stickers in the colors of my background paper and arranged along a punched border.
I love the transparency of the Acetate Hearts stickers which adds to the layering effect. The sentiment was built with a portion of a sticker from the Springtime sticker sheet and the Teal Parker Acetate Alphabet Stickers.I played with a different type of transparency for my second card, creating a shaker pocket out of a diecut frame from the Smile Cardstock Die Cuts.
The stems are cut using a string die from the Make A Wish metal die set and a sheet of patterned paper from the Celebrate Paper Stack. They're both inside and outside the pocket with the matching hearts, from the Smile Cardstock Die Cuts, glued on top of the pocket.I found a perfect sentiment in the Puffy Adventure Label Stickers pack to finish it off.Wishing all the mothers who stop by here today a wonderful Mother's Day!




No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!