Pages

October 13, 2021

Nice spot for a picnic (with Elle's Studio)

 Hello crafty friends, this post was written for the Elle's Studio blog but I wanted to share my project (and inspiration for it) here as well. It is a new spread in my ongoing Yosemite adventure notebook. 

I always find great ideas while looking back at design team projects and one in particular recently caught my eye, this fantastic layout created by Melissa Mann in September 2020:

I love its design, which was perfect for the two vertical photos I had, and I could imagine it adapted to a smaller scale to fit onto my notebook page. 

Supplies: September 2021 kit, September 2021 labels, Autumn Die Cuts, Halloween Cardstock Stickers, Jane Tile Alphabet Cardstock Stickers - Black, White Typewriter alphabet cardstock stickers, Autumn Puffy Hearts, Thankful paper stack, Home Sewn Stitches stamp

I recreated Melissa's central panel and mirrored strips of patterned papers on each side using the new Thankful paper stack.

I naturally placed my title where she placed hers and used leaf die-cuts from the Autumn pack on the diagonal where she had wood veneer hearts.
I was not going to skip the stitching details from my inspiration piece and that's when my brand new Home Sewn Stitches stamps came in handy! They are perfect when stitching is a bit trickier, like in a notebook, or when you are short on time. 

Admiring the many layers of Melissa's layout, I added several elements, journaling tag, label, die-cut and paper clip on the top portion of my page. 
Finally, I purposefully left the opposite page simple, light and clean. I love the resulting contrast between the two sides of this spread.

Thank you for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!