EDITED: I have now added the recipe at the bottom of this post!Quick update as I have been busy creating pages and a mini album with my TTT kit and have nothing to share with you (yet). But I will share my secret to a good (and super easy) key lime pie which I made tonight. I have had simply the best key lime pies in Key West, Florida (where I took the photo above) and have found after that trip, and thanks to my brother in law, that Nellie and Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice is THE best ingredient to make a good key lime pie. Not all grocery stores carry it but once you find it, the rest is really easy, just follow the recipe on the back of the bottle! And don't forget to add the whipped cream!
J'ai été assez occupée à créer des pages et un mini avec mon kit de TTT ces derniers jours et je n'ai rien à vous montrer...pour l'instant... mais je peux vous donner mon secret pour réussir une bonne tarte au citron vert ("Key Lime pie") comme je viens de faire ce soir. J'ai dégusté les meilleures tartes au citron vert à Key West en Floride (où j'ai pris la photo çi-dessus) et j'ai découvert depuis ce voyage que Nellie and Joe's Famous Key West Lime Juice était le meilleur ingrédient pour faire une tarte presque aussi bonne que là-bas. Il n'est pas toujours facile à trouver en magasin mais quand vous l'avez, le reste est simple: il suffit de suivre la recette au dos de la bouteille! Sans oublier de rajouter la chantilly!
Recipe (from the back of the bottle):
One - 9"graham cracker pie shell
One - 14oz. can sweetened condensed milk
3 - egg yolks
1/2 cup - Nellie and Joe's Key West key lime juice
Blend until smooth. Pour filling into pie shell and bake at 350F for 15 minutes. Allow to stand 10 minutes before refrigerating. Just before serving top with freshly whipped cream and garnish with lime slices.
This is such a lovely photo. I have to find the recipe for this pie, it sounds yummy.
ReplyDeleteBein, c'est sympa mais j'aurais bien aime la recette a defaut d'une tranche ;-)
ReplyDeleteIl me tarde de voir toutes tes nvelles creations...
xox
MERCI pour la recette!
ReplyDeleteTu as vu tous ces beaux drapeaux => c'est chouette non?!
Bises
Can you believe I've never tasted Key Lime Pie and you have me craving it! LOL! ;)
ReplyDelete