Bonjour and Happy Spring! I created this page with the now sold out Burlap & Buttercups kit from March that was full of fun Amy Tan goodies (by American Crafts).
I wanted a background that hinted at the subject (bookselling) and pieced together vintage book pages and music sheet that I finger painted with some white Mister Huey spray. I will probably use that technique again because I love the result (even though it is pretty discreet here). You can click on the photo to read the journaling.
Bonjour! Voici une page ensoleillée pour ce premier jour de printemps! Je l'ai créée avec le kit de mars de Burlap & Buttercups qui comprenait de beaux papiers de la collection d'Amy Tan pour American Crafts. Aussi, pour illustrer le sujet de la page, j'ai réalisé ma base avec de vieilles pages de livres et de musique que j'ai peintes au doigt aprés avoir appliqué du Mister Huey blanc. Je vais réutiliser cette technique car le résultat, même si discret ici, me plait bien. Vous pouvez lire le journaling en cliquant sur la photo.
The page is (loosely) based on a sketch by Mary Pat Siehl for our monthly sketch challenge on the B&B blog. Anybody can participate and the prize is pretty great this month! You can check it all out here!
Ma page est basée sur un sketch de Mary Pat Siehl pour le challenge sketch du mois sur le blog de B&B. Tout le monde peut participer et le prix à gagner ce mois-çi n'est pas mal du tout! C'est par ici pour jouer :)


Great page! Love that sun! :)
ReplyDeleteSUNSHiNEy Bright!!! love this bright and whimsical page!
ReplyDeleteVery pretty..so bright and fun!
ReplyDeleteAlison xx
I love your take on the sketch and the way you used this patterned paper! In fact, when I saw this on B & B's blog, I couldn't wait to use that paper in my own layout. Your work is always such an inspiration :)
ReplyDeleteAh oui, là, tu fais fort avec ta page!!! vive le preintemps! Ces couleurs sont éclatantes...ça fait un bien fou...
ReplyDeletebizzz
I love your bold and bright style, it's so fun looking at your pages because they're all so lovely and cheery. I've missed hoping round everyone's blogs recently, I really need to get back scrapbooking and blogging :) Once my work load is off I will :)
ReplyDelete