Pages

April 10, 2012

10 on the 10th: got inspiration?

It is the 10th of the month which means that today, I am joining Shimelle and many other bloggers in listing 10 random things. Since I am in the midst of my DT assignments, I decided for this month to list 10 ways that I get inspired for my scrapping, and paper crafting in general. Some of those might be obvious to you but hopefully you can get a couple of ideas or, worst case scenario, just a glimpse into my mind!

So I present to you, 10 ways to find inspiration:

1- look at challenge blogs: 
I have a folder called "challenges" in my bookmarks and I check them out at least once a month. I sometimes play along (I was recently the winner at Scrap Our Stash!) but most often I just get an idea or two.

2- look at sketches: 
same as above, I have a folder of bookmarks with sketch sites/blogs. The sketch resources are almost limitless on the web!

3- look at Pinterest:
the best place to collect ideas while browsing the net. I refer to my paper crafting and scrapbooking boards all the time.

4- look at older pages I have created and look for possible repeats:
subjects can be updated like on my two pages below (at 10 and at 12) or designs can be repeated.

5- look at scrap magazines old and new: 
I often look at my old magazines where I might have liked a design or subject a while ago and forgotten about them.

6- look at my supplies, a sticker, a kit, a particular paper: 
of course, a saying on a sticker sheet or a pattern on a paper can trigger an idea and I run with it! For example:

7- look through my photos: 
this is another obvious one... While going through iPhoto, I will stop on a photo that I love or photos that make me want to tell a story. That is one advantage of not scrapping chronologically, I grab what interests me at a certain time.

8- look at ads, kids books, and art: 
I have designed pages that i love based on ads or cards based on children's book illustrations.
inspired by this ad:

9- look at digital templates and layouts: 
that is a little secret of mine. I don't know if many of you do that but I find great design ideas on digi sites and blogs. I will also pin digital layouts and adapt them to traditional paper pages.
inspired by this digi page :

10- look at the date and the season: 
Lastly, look at what is coming up on the calendar! It is a great source of inspiration for some of my creations! Calendars at the start of the year, Father's day gifts in June, and lots more...

There you have it! I realize it was a bit text heavy but I hope you have enjoyed this post! Now make sure to check Shimelle's blog to see what the others have listed for their 10 on the 10th!

20 comments:

  1. Nice idea for a 10! Looking at older pages is a great idea - I think that's one I need to do a bit more often

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome ideas for inspo!! I loveeeeeeee how your 10/12 lo's are repeated designs!! That's a great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pages - I just need to do some scrapping. Hoping I will get back to it this weekend with a crop and Shimelle's.
    Enjoy

    ReplyDelete
  4. OOO, what fun inspiration! Love your glasses LO will have to pin that for future scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great ideas for when scrappers block strikes. Thanks for sharing xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list of where to find inspiration. I need to go back through some of my completed layouts for inspiration sometimes - that's the one I often forget.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list of ideas! I love your Getty and "evil" pages.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your list of Mojo starters :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love this gr8 post natalie and thanx for ur lovely comment today. u definately should give sherlock a try, it is worth it. the only one i didnt enjoy was the hounds of baskerville but lots of peeps did.
    jo xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. lots of lovely inspiration here Nathalie....

    ReplyDelete
  11. I use a lot of these methods too - especially pinterest, magazines and looking at photos. Pinterest at the minute is my fav method!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm a fan of 5 and 8 too - and this is such a useful prompt list! Thank-you. I love your bright page about sewing ...

    ReplyDelete
  13. TFS! I must remember your tips!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gosh, I love your 'Necessary Evil' layout - it certainly looks as though your sources of inspiration are working for you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great sources of inspiration. The papers you did are lovely. I use many of the same methods when I need something to get me going.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great mojo busters. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great list of inspirations! I've just clicked through to follow some of your boards on Pinterest too, so even more inspiration, yay! x

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great list you have here! I like challenge blogs - but I don't have them bookmarked, I need to do that. Last week I looked through some layouts I did in a class a couple years ago and it really did give me inspiration:)

    Love your take on the advertisement page!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great list! I love Pinterest!!! Thank you for visiting and commenting on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great list! I think I've used just about every one of those for inspiration at one time or another....

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!