Pages

August 15, 2012

A day on the French Riviera... + a quick tutorial

I am back as promised to share a double-pager created with the August kit The Story Begins from Scraptastic Club. I rarely make 2-page layouts, but I always love them when I look through my albums! So, since I wanted to use almost all the photos from this special day during our last vacation in France, I found a sketch by Becky Fleck and went to work:


I love the fact that Scraptastic Club includes two sheets of each cardstock colors in their kits, it is what prompted me to create a double pager in the first place!
***
I also created this short tutorial to go with it for the Scraptastic Club blog:

How to create a mat for a double pager with just one sheet of patterned paper: Often times, even if I had two sheets of cardstock for my background, I got stuck because I wanted to mat my photos with patterned paper of which I only had one page but I figured out a trick. See on my layout above, it looks like I used two sheets of the green Echo Park paper and possibly two sheets of pink cardstock when I actually used a partial one of each.
And by the way, this tip can also help you save paper when creating single page layouts.
First, I cut 1 1/2" strips of the paper of my choice (6 strips) and 1/4" strips of pink cardstock:
then I adhered the pink cardstock at the border of the patterned paper:
then I set them up around my pages exactly where I wanted them:
now you can use a bit of temporary adhesive or being extra careful, move them off your background and place a ruler going from one corner to the next as shown here:
cut through the layers and replace on your page, lining everything nicely before adhering:
Please note that I do not recommend choosing a patterned paper that goes in a certain direction as it would be very hard or impossible to line it up seamlessly.
Thank you for stopping by! Feel free to ask questions if you have any!

11 comments:

  1. So useful to know ways of not having to use a whole sheet of card or paper! Your mitred corners are most impressive. The whole spread is full of liveliness and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is nice to see double spreads something i haven't one for a while! Nicely done tutorial - i will remember this x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic double pager! It's a great reminder of a special day. Great tutorial, too. I often cut up my paper to stretch one sheet over two pages, but haven't done the mitered corners before. Will have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful awesome 2-pager!!! NICE is very nice!!! Yeah saying that never gets old :) Thanks for the tuto!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tutorial! I love the look of mitered corners!! Your layout is beautiful.....love the papers and colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fun tutorial, great 2 pager! Making me wish I'd gotten both kits. lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great 2 pager and I love your frame and hot air balloons!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great double pager Nathalie..and thanks for the tutorial too!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this tips and gorgeous pictures!! Amazing layout!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeee the photos, the cloud papers and LOVING the balloons!!!! Thanks for the tips too!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!