Pages

May 16, 2014

Meeting Shimelle

Hi there! I am back today with a new page created with my Scraptastic Club The Story I Heard kit and add-on. I have already made a page about my first visit to CHA last winter but I was waiting for the right papers to scrap my encounter with Shimelle. If you know her style, you'll understand why I had to include a pretty floral paper AND polka dots. I have also heard that her upcoming paper collection includes a lot of pink and aqua :) I can't wait to see it!

The journaling reads: "While driving up to CHA, I mentioned to April that the one person I would like to meet was Shimelle Laine... and when we spotted her all by herself (and slightly pregnant) I couldn't come up with anything smart to say other than "I'm such a big fan of yours", pretty lame I know... Just like a groupie :) but she was really the first scrapbooking star I admired and learned from."
Here are some details:
For the leaves above and below, I drew the same kind of leaves that are in the floral patterned paper (a bit bigger) on white cardstock and simply hand cut them. I love the result!
Supplies: Scraptastic Club The Story I Heard kit and add-on, sequins from the May This Life Noted kit, red alphas and white card stock from my stash

This is my entry for the latest Challenge YOUrself challenge.  Have a fabulous weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Ahhhh I love this! And your journaling made me giggle! You were so cute when we saw her! :) I also love that you added the hand drawn leaves!! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your journaling! Haha! Isn't it funny how we get all starstruck at the most inopportune times>? ;-) Great layout with tons of eye candy everywhere! Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love love love love love this! LOVING that cute photo and loveeeeeeee the colors!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! How fun!!!!!
    Great take on our sketch and I love all the different patterned paper you used!!
    So glad you joined us at Challenge YOUrself :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so lovely! Very fitting for a Shimelle photo! You lucky duck you! I love her too and have learned so much from her!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG Nathalie this page is awesome! Shimelle was one of the first designers I followed like a lost puppy and how wonderful to actually meet her! Your page is absolutely gorgeous and the papers divine. Thanks for joining us at Challenge Yourself. xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun thing to be able to go to CHA. And I immediately caught on to how you scrapped it in Shimelle style. What fun.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page and beautifully designed, Nathalie! I love the photo of the 2 of you, so much! What a great moment to scrap!!!!! Thank you so very much for playing along with us this month at Challenge YOUrself! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great! Love your paper choices, they are perfect with your fun photo. Thanks for sharing with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  10. haha i would have said the same thing, it's the fangirl in me :) super cute layout, really does her justice ^^

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great layout! The colors and patterns are super cool. Thanks for playing along with us at Challenge YOUrself

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ok, seriously? The LO is fabulous! Love everything about it right down to the little details... the stitching, the ink, the thread, and all the layers. Awesome! So glad you had time to join us at Challenge YOUrself!

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely clean lines on this, and great colours!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!