Pages

September 25, 2014

Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt 2014 (Part Three/The End)

As Autumn has officially started, Rinda's Summertime Photography Scavenger Hunt has official ended. I scrambled with the last few items that I still needed on my list and in some cases have to use photos that I did not want to use hoping to find better ones... So here is my last installment of photos:

SCAVENGER HUNT LIST
1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
2. A garden gnome
3. Birds on a wire
4. A group of tourists
5. A rack of post cards
6. An urban street scene
7. A rural landscape
8. A tattoo on a person
9. A bakery ALTERNATE A
10. A photo bomb (someone found lurking in the background of photo; the lurker may have intended to disrupt the picture or may be doing it unintentionally, but the background lurker is a surprise to the photographer)
11. A horn
12. A mascot
13. A sunrise
14. A parade
15. A juggler ALTERNATE B
16. A sign in a language other than English
17. A lamp post
18. A water fall
19. A public garden
20. A bus (not a car, truck, lorry, camper or RV) with a picture painted on its sides.
21. A photograph of you with something representing the season (recognizing that the season will be Winter for our friends in the southern hemisphere). Note: you may not use a substitute for this item.
If you find something on the list too difficult, you may substitute one of the following items for anything on the list, except for Item #21:
Alternative A: A kite, hot air balloon or blimp
Alternative B: A bird house

1. A sign welcoming people to your home town (or a nearby town)
Not exactly a "welcoming" sign and not exactly my home town but definitely my adopted town
where I've now lived for 10 + years

8 and 10? A tattoo on a person and a photobomb
This one was taken this summer by my youngest son who had spotted the big guy in front of a tattoo parlor and tried to be sneaky... but didn't realize that there was a gentleman in the foreground looking at him!

Alternative A: a kite, hot air balloon or blimp for 9. A bakery
Anyone driving from Los Angeles to San Diego (or vice versa) will be familiar with this sight: the "blimp port" for the Goodyear blimp.
I am ashamed to have to replace bakery on the list because I have indeed visited multiple bakeries during our European vacation but never remembered that it was on the list!

12. A mascot
It's not life size, something I tried to find all summer, but it still works doesn't it?

Alternative B: a bird house for 15. A juggler
Not one juggler around throughout the summer so bird house it will be. This one's been sitting in a drawer for a while. Decorated by yours truly :)

18. A waterfall
The whole family went on a bike ride this past Sunday just to take care of this item on the list! One more reason to love the Hunt! Since Southern California faces a serious drought there's not much water coming down!

21. A photograph of you with something representing the season
This one was greatly inspired by this post from Tara Whitney, go ahead, read it. 
Look Tara, I did it :)
***
And this hodgepodge of photographs (all taken with an iPhone) finishes my 2014 Summertime Scavenger Hunt. Thank you Rinda for this great annual challenge! You can find the last round up of participants HERE on her blog.

(Part one and two of my hunt can be found HERE and THERE)

13 comments:

  1. A great set of photos, Nathalie. well done.
    Margaret #18

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello! Visited earlier on but came back when I saw your comment as I wanted to find your parade... Of course, found your other London shots as well! Great postcards (where?) and of course, Piccadilly Circus. (Like the others too!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The postcard rack was taken in Camden.

      Delete
  3. These are awesome! LOVING the tattoo one!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. that is quite the photobomb (and tattoo too)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Tara Whitney! She's one of my portrait heroes,and I also adore her honest representation of family life. Your waterfall is lovely as well. Thanks so much for participating and linking up.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a great collection - lots of sunshine, that's the feature jumping ut at me when I look at them

    ReplyDelete
  7. A great selection....wonderful waterfall.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Know what you mean about the water shortage, we've even had less here in the UK. BJ

    ReplyDelete
  9. super photos. it sure was a great challenge x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love that you got the tattoo and the photo bomb in in one shot!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fun photos!
    You live in an area we have always wanted to visit.
    So far we've visited SF and north of there in CA and enjoyed it so very much.
    The tattoo photo is super on so many levels...extra cool in black and white too.
    Your photograph certainly does speak of idyllic summer.
    #24 Patty in Virginia

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!