Pages

November 30, 2014

My Month in Numbers: October 2014

At the very end of the month I typically share my Month in Numbers pages. Here's my "fake pocket page" summarizing our month of October:

nathalie_octoberinnumbers_SCnov2014

It is created with the Scraptastic November This Life Noted kit, their We Will Rock You stamp set and a couple of things from my stash.

Some details:

I always think about textures and dimension when building these spreads: I will use pop dots under certain elements (hard to see but the "ta-da" is elevated), use different materials such as metal (staples and flairs), wood veneer, velum, sequins and finally almost always include stitching (both by hand and machine).

With shorter daylight, we watch a little more TV so I included what shows we have started following again this month. October is also the month of Halloween so I shared our tradition of carved pumpkin and homemade costume ;)

☛ My Month In Numbers is an original idea by Julie Kirk that I have decided to use to document our lives through the year "a la Project Life" (minus the page protectors). You can view all the previous pages here. And you can see all the participants' entries on the Month in Numbers Pinterest board.

6 comments:

  1. Love love love this!! That text message is HILARIOUS!! LOVE IT!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's so much to look at on your fake pocket page..it really pulled me in for a closer look

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is visually so interesting - and content-wise too. I just loved that text message. Definitely one to record! You are amazingly generous to have gone: I'd have been tempted to do the opposite :). Such great variety and I love the pocket-without-the-plastic approach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. the can you pick me up is just the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha....26 pick me up texts - he let you have a few days off in the month then. It's like that here with my three! I love to see your months x

    ReplyDelete
  6. I always enjoy your colour combinations on your 'fake' pages - this is a lovely one - with a nod to Halloweeny orange + black in there.

    I think that if you're going to be texted that many times for your taxi service you should demand some creativity in them! The occasional short poem, a haiku, a limerick ... ;-)

    Thanks as always for joining in - I always admire your pages [and Sian's right - there's so much in there to look at].

    Your October is pinned to the Month in Numbers board with the others now: http://pinterest.com/notesonpaper/my-month-in-numbers/

    Here's to a happy + delightful December!

    Julie :-)

    [p.s: Glad you liked my boots - I wasn't sure about buying them at first then, once I had, I've almost lived in them ever since!]

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!