Pages

December 07, 2015

DIY: 2016 Desktop photo calendar

Hi there! It is that time of the year! If you have been following me for a while, you will know that I create an original photo calendar every year for my parents. Check under the "Paper projects" or "Tutorials" categories on the right hand side to see them. To this day, my 2011 Star desktop calendar is still the most popular post on this blog!

But I have never done the same one twice so here is a new 2016 desktop photo calendar! I will quickly explain how easy it is to put together if you choose to make one too!
DIYdesktopcalendar
This year's version was inspired by a set of monthly flairs by Feed Your Craft and some free printables I found on the Scrappystickyinkymess blog (thank you Mary Anne!)

What you will need:
a printer
3 sheets (8.5x11 or A4) white cardstock that you can put in your printer
one set of Month Mini Flair badges
various patterned papers (use scraps!)
a mini easel (I bought a pack of four at Michael's for less that $5)

1/ Print one of the 3x4 2016 calendar offered HERE on your white cardstock. You might notice that I printed a French version and Mary Anne also offers a version in Italian and in German!

2/ Select 12 square photos and print each at 2.25"x2.25" (I printed them all on a 8x10 piece of photo paper)

3/ Cut 12 pieces of patterned paper to 3"x3" and match them with each photo and monthly mini flair


4/ Cut each month according to the printed grey line (I cut the length a bit longer so each card is almost 5" tall) and adhere the patterned paper, the photo and the flair:


Photo calendars make great gifts for grandparents and relatives! Make sure to leave me a comment if you have any question or if you create your own! I'd love to see it!
BUT WAIT!!! Get 30% OFF your Month Mini Flair set (or any other flairs) in the FEED YOUR CRAFT shop during the Year End Sale going on now until December 10th. Use code YEAREND2015 ;)

3 comments:

  1. Um, wow, Nathalie! What a fantastic project and I'm sure it's going to very appreciated by your parents!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhhhhhhhh this years is amazing! I Love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!