Pages

August 09, 2017

Project Life 2017: Week 19, 20 and 21 with ideas to try

I finished two more spreads with the July Life Pages kit from Gossamer Blue and wanted to share them with you today:

I really loved the color ways of this kit! The pops of red, blue and green worked so well with a lot of my photos. Most of the supplies are from the Life Pages kit but I also added a few embellishments (and stamps) from the July Scrapbook kit. Those kits always coordinate so well!

My title card and the multi colored card below it were the foundation of this spread. I will often start with a favorite or two and build the rest around them:
For a little eye catching detail, I added the small alpha stickers directly on my photo following the shape of the plate. I have seen this done with writing a lot but since I was afraid it wouldn't look good with my handwriting I did it with stickers! The trick is to position the letters on transparent packaging first to see how to fit them. 
On the top of the right side, I lined up several stickers and other embellishments to make a border on the edge of the card. It's even better when you can vary the textures/materials and there are many in the kits! Here we have chipboard, stickers, rubber, washi and puffy sticker:
The journaling card was created with paper, stamp and sticker from the Scrapbook kit. The arrow placed on top of the pockets is from the Planner kit. I have never placed something between pockets before like that but I really like it!

My second spread also uses the July Life Pages kit along with a few items from the Scrapbook kit:
In a few words, I added a couple of touches of red on my photos and a bit of machine stitching to two of my cards. I concentrated my attention on a grouping at the bottom right of the spread and on creating layers on the top right by using cards, label and chipboard.

A few more details:

Ideas to try:
1- place an embellishment across pockets on top of the page protector 
2- use alpha stickers following a shape in a photo
3- create a grouping on the edge of a card varying textures and colors
4- place a sticker across a stamped title
5- create layers with several cards

Thank you for stopping by! Happy creating!

3 comments:

  1. I love your pages! Do you use a typewriter to journal on your cards? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always enjoy looking at your pages and these are no exception - how creative to put the letter stickers around the edge of the plate! Thank-you for lots of inspiration :).

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!