Pages

November 22, 2017

Fall stamped embroidery with Right At Home

Hello crafty friends! This is my third and last post as a guest designer for Right At Home. It is also my absolute favorite project.

If you follow me here or on Instagram, you already know that earlier this year I picked up a new hobby, hand embroidery. Up until now, I was purchasing patterns online created by other artists but as soon as I received the Right at Home Fall Leaves stamp set, I knew I wanted to use it to create an embroidery project!
After doing a quick test of my design on paper, I stamped directly on fabric (a natural linen) with regular Versa ink. Here is a look, in the hoop, before the stitching began:


It took me quite a while to pick colors and types of stitches but once the decisions were made I didn't stop until I was done and I LOVE the result!


Who knew you could make pretty embroidered wall art with stamps?! It was a first for me and it definitely won't be the last time I use this technique!

If you're inspired to make your own and would like more details on the type of stitches or colors, or you're just in need of help, I will be happy to respond to your questions in the comments.

To all my American readers, I wish you a wonderful Thanksgiving. I am very thankful for you, loyal followers and commenters, in the US and everywhere else!

2 comments:

  1. That's beautiful! The stamping worked out a treat, didn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, Nathalie! Hope you had a lovely Thanksgiving! xo

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!