Pages

July 17, 2018

2018 Pocket Pages: Three days in Hawaii

I decided to include some highlights from my recent trip to Hawaii into my everyday 6x12 album with Elle's Studio July kit plus extras which were a perfect match for my photos:
I went with a blue and orange color combination after pulling my two favorite tags from the kit, the “Paradise” and the “Highlight” ones. To add more blue, I also created a tag using the Shine 6x6 paper stack. I love the new Jane alphabet stickers because they are just the right size and they look fantastic directly on photos!
 I also printed a map where I marked all our stops from our first day.
And this spread has a little surprise…  

 Even though my quick getaway to Hawaii was only three days long, I really wanted to include more photos so instead of using my usual 6x12 page protectors, I used a 12x12 protector that I folded in half. This is what it looks like when open:

By the way, I printed these photos (inside the insert) at Costco and I was so disappointed by how dark they came out... I will stick with printing at home as I get much better results that way!
The card below was created with paper from the Shine pack and the July Print and Cut labels (which I used in several other places):

Here are a few prompts/ideas for your next pocket pages:
1/ Include a map. I love maps and they add a great visual!
2/ Place alpha stickers directly on your photos
3/ Add more photos and more journaling using a folded insert
4/ Create a journaling card using multiple labels 

One last advice, if you document weekly or monthly, don’t worry about breaking the mold and spending more time on a specific event or trip. There’s no rule and I believe breaking the rhythm makes the overall album more interesting in the end. 

Thank you for stopping by! Happy scrapping! 
(this post contains a few affiliate links: you don't pay anything extra by using them, but I do get a small commission on the sale. Thank you!)

3 comments:

  1. So clever to fold that 12x12 page protector!! I love how these pages turned out Nathalie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hawaii. Sigh. Your spread looks wonderful and it's a great idea to use a folded 12x12.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where do you get your 6x12 album?

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!