I was inspired by the new Simply Spring collection by Doodlebug Design to scrapbook a family gathering for which I had several outdoor photos. Even though it is a Spring collection I liked how it matched my Summer shots so this 6x12 spread covers a week in France in the middle of August:
I concentrated on the yellow and green elements of the collection along with a few touches of blue. I found perfect die-cut words and shapes in the Chit Chat and Odds & Ends packs. In addition, I used several stickers from the This & That 12x12 sheet including a long scallop border that I placed directly on the edge of my page protector. I love the result!
As you can see, I also created an insert for extra photos and it was easy with an envelope from the Simply Spring Create-A-Card pack. I trimmed the envelope flap so you can understand right away that there are photos to pull out. I added my journaling typed on strips directly on top along with some leaves from the Garden Flowers craft kit. Of course, I measured the space left for photos after punching the holes! Here's a look at the insert by itself:
Thank you for stopping by today! If you are interested in the supplies I used for this spread, they are all linked below.




Everything you've used goes so beautifully with your photos!
ReplyDeleteAnother lovely set of pages. I very much like your insert, with the strips of journalling. Interactive pages are such fun!
ReplyDelete