Hello friends! It’s while I was looking at my new Back to School puffy stickers and the new Back to School stamp set (both from Elle's Studio) that I had the idea to create slide pop-up cards to combine them. It allowed me to use lots of both on each card!
Supplies: August kit, Magical Memories 6x6 paper stack, Back to School puffy stickers, Back to School stamp set
Since I had never made them before, I found a tutorial on Jennifer McGuire’s You Tube channel and adapted it to my liking and to the size of the Elle’s Studio cards. I used two of them from the August kit for each and added patterned papers from the Magical Memories 6x6 stack (plus basic black and white cardstock from my stash). Also, I used an apple puffy sticker as the pull tab for both cards. Let’s take a closer look at the first one:
I covered text on the card with a black circle so that the white puffy stickers would pop and for a fun touch I actually used white chalk to make it “dirty” (as a reference to the old blackboards). When you pop it up by pulling the tab on top, it reveals the sentiment stamped on another journaling card from the kit:
For this first one, I adhered everything on top of a folded card so that it can be opened to write a note inside. The second one is a bit different:
I stamped the sentiment on a journaling card which I trimmed and placed on top of the colorful pencil one (originally 4x6, cut to 3x4). The insert is wider so it leaves a large space for a note that you can read when you pull it and, it reveals a gift card on the inside:
I stamped the sentiment on a journaling card which I trimmed and placed on top of the colorful pencil one (originally 4x6, cut to 3x4). The insert is wider so it leaves a large space for a note that you can read when you pull it and, it reveals a gift card on the inside:
I love how these turned out, they are colorful thanks to the cards from the kit, have dimension thanks to the puffy stickers and have great looking sentiments thanks to the stamps. The interactive part makes them fun and unique.
Have you made this kind of cards before?





No comments:
Post a Comment
I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!