Pages

April 11, 2016

DIY Mermaid Mobile

I shared this project a few weeks ago on the Imaginisce blog but forgot to share it here... A friend of mine told me recently that her young daughter was obsessed with mermaids so I decided to create a little DIY mobile for her room with the die-cuts from the Imaginisce Parrrty Me Hearty collection:

In order to recreate it, you will need this pack of die-cuts:
And the following supplies:
  • Floral wire (or any 20 gauge wire)
  • A needle and thread
  • Wire cutter
  • Liquid glue

One of the greatest things about these die-cuts, which prompted my idea, is that they each come with their mirror image, so you can glue them back to back (perfect when they twirl around):
The next step is to cut two pieces of wire and curve the ends as seen below:
Using a needle and thread, attach each die-cuts to the end of the wires:
Here’s a photo of the mobile flat on the wall so you see the design I created:
The most difficult part of this project is to balance it all. To do so, I held it up and moved the tied thread along the wire until it looked balance, then in order for it to stay at that spot I dropped a bit of liquid glue so that the thread would stay in place. Once it’s dry, you can finally enjoy it twirling around:


I have yet to give it to my friend and I hope her daughter will enjoy it! Thank you for stopping by today!

3 comments:

  1. This is too sweet, Nathalie, I'm sure your friend's daughter will adore it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Comme c'est ingénieux!
    Bravo Nathalie!
    Excellent!!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!