Hello friends, I’m back to share a new layout created with Elle's Studio May release. As you might have seen last month, I have started “the baby album I never made” in a traveler’s notebook insert (more details in this previous post). I was very happy when I found in the May kit and Beautiful Day paper pack the perfect colors for an old photo of my now 21 yr. old laughing his heart out at 3 months:
Supplies: May kit, The Good Life stamp, Beautiful Day 6 x 6 paper stack, Everyday Goodness epoxy stickers, Hand drawn acrylic hearts, Read phrase stickers, Large Jane Alphabet Metal Die, Large Jane Alphabet Stamp-Outline, Large Jane Number stamps, Large Jane Number Metal Die
On the right, I lined up several elements, patterned papers, tag and sticker on the edge of the page. This is a nice way to anchor your design.
My favorite part is the title on the left page. I chose to stamp my letters (and number) on vellum using the Large Jane Alphabet Stamp-Outline (and Large Jane Number Stamp) and die cut them with the matching metal dies. I just love the airy and ethereal effect. It makes a statement without taking away from my photo.
I then used one of the stamps from the new The Good Life set to create a journaling spot directly on a piece of patterned paper. I finished my layout with a few epoxy stickers and enamel dots from my stash bringing some black touches into the mix for contrast.
I have a tendency to go for bright colors first but I like that this kit and extras also gave me the option to create a more pastel look, perfect for a baby layout.
And one more thing: I said it before and I’ll say it again, the Jane alphabet & numbers stamps and metal dies are absolutely my favorite!
All links to supplies are affiliate links (meaning I get a very small commission on the sale but you pay the same price regardless). Thank you for stopping by today!




What a lovely spread! And no matter that your boy is now 21 - better late than never!
ReplyDelete