Pages

July 26, 2018

2011 Summer Mini Album (with advice on how to finish an unfinished project)

Yes, you read that title right! This project was started 7 years ago but I dusted it because of my 100 Day Project goal which was to finish some unfinished projects (more on that in my next post).

So this 4x6 mini has been sitting in a bag with some very old stash, nothing that would excite me at this point. My solution was to switch the old stuff with the new Doodlebug Design Sweet Summer collection!
My advice (I know we all have those unfinished projects!) would be to just work on the unfinished portion (mine was halfway done, you can see the first half HERE) and not worry about the parts already done. Remember, the goal is to finish! If you are worried about continuity, stick to the same style/design you started with (I did) and/or go back to the beginning and add a few embellishments from your new supplies (I didn't). 
As far as supplies, I loved working with the 6x6 Sweet Summer paper pad as well as other pads (like the Swiss dot Rainbow Petite prints). I used die-cuts from the Chit Chat pack and stickers from the This & That and the Icons sheets. 
I had fun creating a couple of pages with interactive elements: a tag made out of cardstock (with a bucket list) slides into a vellum bag. I used some Chunky twine and a mini doily to match the journaling strips on the opposite page:
And finally my favorite: an insert made out of a card from the Sweet Summer Create-A-Card pack.
Since I couldn't share all the pages here, I made this very short flip-through video for you:


It feels amazing to finally be done and to fully enjoy this mini album! I hope to have inspired you to look into finishing old projects with fresh eyes and a renewed excitement thanks to this collection or any other new supplies that give you the urge to create!

1 comment:

  1. It looks wonderful, and the colours are amazing! I've just ordered myself a lot of the Sweet Summer range!

    ReplyDelete

I read and appreciate each and everyone of your comments. I also answer questions within the comment section. Merci!